Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Little Makeup Bag That Could

Oh, Boy. I've been a terrible little crafty blogger again, and haven't updated in a long time. I am really going to work on updating the blog as I make my various crafts-sometimes it's hard though when the object is a gift and you don't want to spoil the surprise. But I'll work on doing better, I promise! For now, let's get caught up-there will be a lot of posts one after another. Here we gooooo.....

Here are some make-up bags I made recently. They were pretty easy - once I remembered which cut edge was the top and bottom anyway! I had sewn the first part and then went "this doesn't look right" so had to consult the video again and again to get it right. Oh well, that's all part of the learning process. :)

This was my first time sewing a zipper, so I was really proud of how well it actually turned out. It's not PERFECT, but it was a good first one.

After I made the first one and saw how big it actually was (I thought the seam allowance would have reduced it more), I wanted a smaller one to actually carry in my bag. So I reduced the pattern by 50% and made it again, and this is what I got:

It turned out to be about the size of a coin purse, so it doesn't hold much- but that's actually perfect for me. It's big enough to hold my mascara, eyeliner, chap stick and lip gloss, and that's about all I wear so it works for me! :)

But I did decide that, unless I am hand sewing it, I will not make one this small again. The tiny corners and short seams made it take longer than the larger original. But Trial and Error and practice are what we learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment