Sunday, July 24, 2016

Beers to You, Dad

Considering Shaun's Father just passed away on July 13, this post is bittersweet to share. But I did say I would be sharing a lot of different things, working backwards and somewhat randomly. What better place to start than with something that was made for someone we've both been thinking about?

This is the Father's Day card I made for Shaun's dad this year. Unlike in previous years (where we weren't sure if he did or didn't get it), this year we know he got it because he called us when he did and thanked us for it. So at least he got to enjoy at least one of my creations we've sent...

This card is a Cricut image that was available.  I made some changes to it, to make it look more like Paul's favorite beer, Pabst Blue Ribbon. (For Comparison, here is what the original card looks like.) Since I couldn't make it exact (obviously), I made what changes I could. And the card is can-shaped, which is perfect.

Here's the inside of the card:


And the card next to the inspiration source:


Overall, I am really pleased with it and Shaun loved it. And Paul seemed to have liked it, so that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment