Friday, February 5, 2016

Memory Jars to Bring Happiness

By now, I am sure you have seen the Happiness Jars or Memory Jars all over the internet. Myself, I have shared the idea on Facebook several times and have forgotten to actually create one. Lather, rinse, repeat for a few years.

Well, this year, my friend Susan and I committed to doing it. So we each got our perspective jars (and then I ended up giving her one because I had so many) and she came over and we decorated our jars.

Now, it doesn't have to be decorated, but we figured something that looks pretty would inspire us a bit to use them. 

Here are our jars:

Mine:

Susan's:
I love Susan's glitter gradient look and her tiny heart on her lid. So cute!

The best part of finishing our jars was that as soon as were done, we each already had a memory to toss in the jars-spending time making crafty things with a friend. (Technically, I had already had one in my blank jar of the day my Cricut arrived, but still.)

I really like the concept of these jars because it is a reminder to remember the happy things, big and small, and technically gives you scrapbook fodder if you are one who does those things. And of course, jars are so easy to come by, who can resist making it into something happy. And I know Shaun is happy since I have a tendency to collect jars or, really, glass containers with a lid, so I am sure he is happy I am finally using at least some of them...

Did you create a happiness jar this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment