Friday, February 5, 2016

A Musical Birthday Card

I meant to share this last week on his birthday, but like always, forgot...

Here is the card I made for Shaun's birthday:

The top (white) layer was made using the Cricut and an image that was part if the subscription that I had a free trial to. (I haven't yet decided if I will actually subscribe.) I thought it was a fun image and I like the simplicity of it. 

I then used a blue layer under it and attached it to a black card base that I used decorative scissors on. I thought it looked good, but that it needed something more, so I did one of my favorite things and Inked the edges of the blue layer to add a bit more interest. Better, but still needed...something.

I thought it could use some highlighting  didn't want it to look overly perfect. (I have a thing about my cards looking perfect, and almost always want to much them up-in a nice way-at least a little bit.) So I took a black Sharpie and traced the words and music notes. Aha, perfect!

I also made a hand made envelope, but for some reason didn't get a picture of that. When he opened the card with his presents, he seemed to really enjoy the card, so that's all that matters to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment