Sunday, July 20, 2014

Straight Against Hate Shirt

I've been bad and not being consistent at updating to keep track of everything I've made, even though I've been actively crafting. So, there's going to be a few posts in a row again. Oh well...

Starting With...

My Pride T-shirt. Portland's Gay Pride Weekend was June 14/15, and I went with my friend on 6/14. I had always planned on making/buying a shirt, but he didn't believe me when I told him I was wearing a Tutu-which made me laugh when he showed up and was like "Oh, you really are wearing a tutu!"

Anyway, I made this design in my photo editing software, and uploaded it to Zazzle (you can buy my design here if you'd like :) and there's also buttons and stickers if you want), but I didn't want to risk it not getting to me in time, so when I discovered I could make my own iron-on transfers, that's exactly what I did.

I used a transfer sheet and added my design to a plain white shirt I had bought, and then did Sharpie Tie-Dye on it. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that you're supposed to use rubbing alcohol to get it to fade/run, and only used water, so it didn't run as much as I would have preferred, but I still like how it turned out overall.

I didn't get pictures of the back on accident, but it's basically full of doodled hearts  for the most part, Here's what it looks like:

Yes, that is the first tutu I made.



No comments:

Post a Comment