Sunday, July 20, 2014

J'taime Paris

Last weekend, I made a third "One Hour" Skirt. (The second being the Anchors one.)

I had decided that I don't fully like how "froofy" the skirts are when made according to Brett's directions in the book of "Take the measurement of your waist/where skirt will sit and make 2 rectangles of that" (I paraphrased), so instead when I measured my hips, I subtracted several inches (I think I subtracted 10-12 inches, total) and then made both rectangles with THAT measurement.

So, for example, if my hips are 40", I said they were 30" and made the width for the rectangles each 30", instead of 40". This had GREAT results, and I really like how it fits me. Which is good news for me because it means that I have developed at least enough skills to determine if/how something can be more suitable for what I need/want. Hooray!

And, I believe this skirt took me 1.5-2 hours, including sizing, cutting and sewing, with a few mistakes that had to be undone, so I am getting closer and closer to the One Hour mark that the author believes it should take. And I'll be making more of them, most likely, so maybe I'll hit that mark soon.

Here's what the latest looks like:

I love all the bright colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment