Monday, April 29, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Card

Note: The next couple of posts are kind of playing "catch up" with things I've made but may not have shared.

This St. Patrick's Day card was the first card I ever made. Well.... I guess if you want to be *technically* accurate, this simple thank you card was the first card I ever hand made to send people after our wedding.  But this card was the first card I made after I decided I would use my (continually growing) mass of supplies to make cards. 

This card came about because Shaun wanted to find a St Patrick's day card for his mom so he could send it with some potatoes (hey, some people send flowers, Shaun wants to send potatoes), but he could not find anything that he liked. So I said I'd make one. I dug through my supplies and I already had enough things for my idea, and this is what came of it. 

Unfortunately, because we are busy and forgetful, we never got to send the card and the potatoes to his mom. But at least I did get a picture of it. (These were taken with my cell phone, so are not the best photos in the world.)

(Photos can be viewed larger by clicking on them.)


Supplies:
-5x7 Card Blanks
-Recollections Shamrock paper
-Recollections Rainbows paper
-Yellow Card Stock
-Green Construction Paper
-Fiskars "Holiday Hooplah" Stamp Set
-Green Ink from Rubber Stampede's "Primary" Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment