Sunday, November 15, 2015

Eight Shades of Purple Bithday Card

This is a birthday card I made for my friend Susan whose birthday was October 3rd. (I know, that was forever ago! I am sort of working randomly with actually sharing things I make these days.)

She loves purple, so I made it completely purple-centric. On just the card, there are eight different shades of purple. (Though you may not be able to see all of the shades in the picture due to light, trust me, they are there.) If you add in the envelope (that I also hand made), there are twelve different shades of purple.

A funny story about this card: Susan had been over to my place to make cards several weeks before my birthday in August, and she made a totally random card with my supplies....then gave me the card for my birthday because she felt it was very me. (And it was.) That wasn't her intention when making it, but it just worked out that way.  A few weeks after my birthday, she came over for some other crafting to work on a costume element for her Princess Bubblegum costume, she gave me some heart buttons that she had bought that she didn't feel worked and she didn't need. When making her card, I needed something to finish it off and remembered the buttons and that there was a sparkly purple one. Perfect! And a perfect nod/joke to the fact that she gave me a card made with my supplies.

Here's the card. What do you think?


A little closer.

To show the inside of the envelope and the confetti I included in the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment