Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thank You Card

About two weeks ago, I received a letter from a friend that had some stickers that she had designed, and I wanted to make a Thank You card, and this is what I came up with. Though not the first card I made from scratch-as in not with card blanks- this was the first "Standard Size" (in terms of paper crafting, meaning 4.25' by 5.5") card I made. (As a side note, the other card I made from scratch will, unfortunately, have to wait to be posted because it is for a birthday in June and I have a policy not to post pictures of things until I know they've been received, so this blog will be somewhat out of order in the time frame of when things were made.)

The Owl is actually stamped in VersaMark, because I had *finally* bought some after being curious about it for quite a while, and once I started playing with it, I really liked the "watermark" look it gives, so just had to use it in a card right away.

Anyway, here is the Thank You Card I made:

 It was a very simple card, and very fast to make. But sometimes, simplicity says it all, and that's kind of what I was going for. I liked how it turned out, but I'm thinking I may draw a tree or something the next time I use this stamp. :)

Supplies:
-Blue Card Stock (which, by the way, the picture does not do justice to. It is more an easter-egg blue or sky blue)
-Decorative paper
-Owl Stamp (I believe it's just Michaels brand, but I'm not sure)
-Versamark
-Alphabet stamps from Studio G
-Purple ink from Rubber Stampede (either Primary or Romance collection, I can't remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment